forget the storms we danced through.
You’ll find a nice girl
to fall into peace with
and you’ll forget about the days
we lost our minds together.
I’ll be across the world
and still know the exact moment
I’ll pretend that I don’t
and I’ll forget you
the way I forget every dream
I’m not brave enough for.
I’ll meet someone who reminds
me of the years I gave my best
to a boy who held me like he meant it.
And I want you to know that it
could have been you.
That it almost was you,
but we didn’t know how to be good for each other
and how to stay that way.
In another world, it is you,
and we’re better for it.
I hope you know that I wanted that.
That a part of me always will. Y.Z, sinking ships and ghost town islands (via rustyvoices)
1. I hope one day you realize loving yourself is more important than having a line of boys ask you out on a date. You will find something in you that you never thought you were looking for. You will be at peace with yourself.
2. It doesn’t seem like it today, but soon you will be able to lie on your bed without thinking about the funeral in your head. Patience.
3. There is a reason God didn’t give you the amazing talent to sing, or dance, or calculate a mathematical equation under sixty seconds. Your writing is not useless. Wait until you find someone willing enough to read.
4. She cut you up like a paper doll. Yes. They made you seem small, like a fool, like a dog wagging its tail trying too hard. Let them. It’ll make for a great story later.
5. Don’t let their blunt knives and sharp tongues turn you into one of them. These people used their words to pull down others like you. Use yours to lift these people up, to remind the girls with stick legs not to run in front of a city bus.
6. He is not prince charming, love. None of them are, and you are not a princess. You’re a villainess. You’re the evil queen. Own it. Kill anyone who says you’re not the fairest of them all. It is you who will save yourself.
7. Right now, you are a wreck, and a mess, and it will seem like no part of you is salvageable. It will get better.
8. Another gift you’ll discover is how to be both soft and hard at the same time. To be both sharp and gentle. Pyre and tea. Grateful and selfish. Kind and harsh. You will be self-aware. You will be human. You will be stardust, and cracked bones, and rips of the galaxies.
9. Greater things await you. Yes, you deserve them. Yes, you are capable.
10. You will learn all this one day, soon. Patience. Patience. Patience. Sade Andria Zabala (surfandwrite) | Notes To My Teenage self (via the-writing-writer-wrote)
and licks her fingers after and this feels better
than the time she let a boy put his face between
her thighs, this feels better than when she took
three Tylenol for a headache, this feels better
than when she finally accepted her imminent death.
Chloe doesn’t remove her jeans before bed
and doesn’t believe in prayer. Chloe wakes up
with her mascara smeared and four new texts.
Don’t you think it’s time to stop romanticizing
un-sharpened pencils, Chloe? Don’t think
you’re fooling anyone with the broken eggshells
stuffed into the kitchen sink. Chloe will hold
the hand of someone who is very important to her
before the end of the week but for the life of her
she can’t stop crying into her coffee over boys who
don’t care. Sometimes she almost forgets her name
but then she finds the CD with it scribbled on like an
afterthought. Chloe, I know how sad you are.
I hear it every time the needle skips. Kristina Haynes, “Chloe Indulges” (via fleurishes)